Updated on May 24, 2015
My brother had a £50 book voucher which he wasn’t spending, so I bought it off him and blew it all on a happy trip to Waterstones.
The only snag was, when I got to the counter, I was told the voucher was only for £25. So of course I put back half the books and … no, I bought them all anyway. How could I put them back? I’d been through the whole fiction section, listing the ones I’d wanted, and five had made the final cut!
Anyway, I’ll be getting some money back from my brother I think…
- ‘Blindness’ by José Saramago (the man at the till assured me it is great)
- ‘Samarkand’ by Amin Maalouf
- ‘The Book of Laughter and Forgetting’ by Milan Kundera
- ‘A Novel Bookstore’ by Laurence Cossé
- ‘Labyrinths’ by Jorge Luis Borges